- "Utterly implacable, the huge machines raised their weapons toward the collected civilians and sprayed them with jets of glistening steam. The cries of protest died immediately. Even before the vapors cleared, leaving a collection of frozen statues that had once been normal village folk, the droids rampaged through the village. No living thing survived."
- ―Excerpt from Imperial Atrocities and Other Noble Pursuits
A massacre occurred at the village of Rhador at some point between the years 2 BBY and 1 BBY. The village, which had existed for a thousand years prior to the Imperial occupation, proceeded to protest and rebel against the Imperials, entering an armed standoff, which resulted in an Imperial victory and the villagers wiped out after being collected and flash-frozen by the Imperial Carbonite war droids.
Sometime between the years 2 BBY and 1 BBY, a battle was fought between the Galactic Empire and the villagers of Rhador. Ultimately, the Rhador villagers lost, with the villagers being gathered. The Imperial Carbonite war droids then sprayed them with carbonite vapor and instantly flash-froze them, the droids then proceeded to rampage the village and leave everything destroyed even before the vapor cleared, leaving none alive. The massacre and other subsequent information was later mentioned by the military historian Chen Ming-di in Imperial Atrocities and Other Noble Pursuits.
Behind the scenesEdit
The battle fought at Rhador was first mentioned in the "Carbonite war droid" databank entry in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the 2010 LucasArts video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II.
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3 and Xbox 360 in-game databank, Carbonite war droid entry) (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3 and Xbox 360 in-game databank, Carbonite war droid entry)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed comic shows that the Rebel Alliance was founded in 2 BBY. According to the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II comic, the events of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II happen in 1 BBY. Thus, the battle happened between the two years.