This Massassi writing system used symbols, though each symbol did not always stand for one letter as it did in the Aurebesh or High Galactic alphabet. This resulted in a wide range of time-consuming possibilities when translating. Notable texts in the language included the Books of Massassi. Dark Lord of the Sith Exar Kun had hieroglyphs in the Massassi tongue etched into the obsidian walls of his temple.
By 16 ABY, the Jedi Master Streen had completed translating sixteen tablets of the Books of Massassi. In 22 ABY, during their time at the Jedi Praxeum on Yavin 4, Jedi trainees Anakin Solo and Tahiri Veila translated ancient Massassi symbols to learn how to break the curse of the Golden Globe which had been constructed by the Dark Lord Exar Kun in order to imprison the children of the Massassi and drain their powers for his purposes.
- Mnnt Yttl Gythh Wyyrl Tmmn Zyrth - He is the one we have waited for... bring him to the Temple of Fire![source?]
Behind the scenesEdit
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 4: Death of a Dark Jedi (First appearance)
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 5: Sith Secrets
- Before the Storm (Mentioned only)
- Junior Jedi Knights: Lyric's World
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Under Siege
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe