The Master Replicas brand (also known as MR) produce movie prop replicas and high end collectibles. Based in Walnut Creek, the company was founded in 2003 by Michael Cookson. Cookson has served as Chairman of Master Replicas since it was founded and chief executive officer since August 2004. Historically, Master Replicas has sold its products principally to customers in the United States.
Master Replicas manufacture licensed product for brands and companies such Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Disney, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Chronicles of Narnia, Marvel Comics, Muppets, and Stargate. Previous to January 2008, the company manufactured and sold product under the Star Wars brand before the license had expired. While many of their items are props at full-scale (particularly weapons like lightsabers, phasers, and swords), they also make many scale model items, like spaceships, and characters.
Master Replicas has also been commissioned to make items for corporations to resell on their own. For example, MR made a 1/6 scale Master Sword and Hylian Shield for Nintendo and Target Stores to coincide with the release of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
Force Fx Lightsabers
Master Replicas is known for their Force FX product line which recreates various lightsabers used in the Star Wars movies. Examples include:
- Anakin Skywalker's blue lightsaber from Attack of the Clones
- Anakin Skywalker's blue lightsaber from Revenge of the Sith
- Darth Maul's red double-bladed lightsaber from The Phantom Menace
- Darth Maul's red battle damaged single-bladed lightsaber from The Phantom Menace
- Darth Vader's red lightsaber from A New Hope
- Darth Vader's red lightsaber from The Empire Strikes Back
- Luke Skywalker's blue lightsaber from A New Hope
- Luke Skywalker's blue lightsaber from The Empire Strikes Back
- Luke Skywalker's green lightsaber from Return of the Jedi
- Mace Windu's purple lightsaber from Revenge of the Sith
- Obi-Wan Kenobi's blue lightsaber from Revenge of the Sith
- Yoda's green lightsaber from Attack of the Clones
Besides the Force FX lightsabers, Master Replicas also, starting in 2003-2004, created mini-helmets based on headgear (or in one case, a head part) from the Star Wars franchise. They created the helmets after buying the license from Riddell's mini-helmet line.
- Darth Vader's helmet
- Luke Skywalker's X-wing helmet
- C-3PO's head
- Boba Fett's helmet
- ROTJ-era Stormtrooper helmet
- Wedge Antilles Celebration IV Conference exclusive helmet
- Shadow Trooper helmet (UK 30th Anniversary Convention Exclusive)
- 501st Legion trooper helmet
- Clone Trooper helmet
- Clone Commander Gree Helmet
- Shock trooper helmet (UK exclusive)
- Utapau Shadow clone trooper helmet
Notes and references
- ↑ About Corgi International (English) (HTML). Master Replicas. Corgi International. Retrieved on February 8, 2008.
- ↑ Master Replicas Team Info (English) (HTML). Master Replicas. Corgi International. Retrieved on February 8, 2008.
- ↑ Introducing the eFX to Star Wars (English) (HTML). StarWars.com. Lucasfilm Ltd. (2008-01-10). Retrieved on February 8, 2008.