|Chronological and political information|
Selected by Kycina to become her mate, this Zabrak and the Human Nightsister conceived a child in 54 BBY. Their son was born on the planet Iridonia and was given the name Maul—the same Maul who would later be feared and dreaded as Darth Maul, Dark Lord of the Sith as the Sith apprentice to Darth Sidious.
As per Dathomirian tradition, the father of Maul was killed, possibly by Kycina herself, shortly after the infant's birth. It is possible that Maul's brothers, Savage Opress and Feral, were also conceived by the same father.
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode I Journal: Darth Maul (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 According to Star Wars: Darth Plagueis (p. 184), the father is already "dead by tradition" when Maul is not yet one standard year of age. It follows, then, that he was killed within the year of his son's birth.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: Darth Plagueis
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Wrath of Darth Maul