|Star Wars work||
All Star Wars live action films
|Other work of note|
Maurice Murphy was a British musician and a trumpet player in the London Symphony Orchestra. He was one of the most talented and well-known members of the LSO. He can be heard playing many of the themes in all of the Star Wars films, Superman: The Movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Gangs of New York, Johnny English, Reign of Fire, a solo in Mr. Holland’s Opus, Philadelphia, Batman, the Alien movies, Frankenstein, Gladiator, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, We Were Soldiers and many more.
Murphy was born in Hammersmith, United Kingdom in 1935. As he grew up, he played in brass bands in Yorkshire. He was notably Principal Cornet of the world famous Black Dyke Mills Band from 1951 to 1956. He held the position of Principal Trumpet with the BBC Northern Symphony Orchestra (now the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra) in 1961. In 1977 he became Principal Trumpet of the London Symphony Orchestra. He held this position for thirty years until he retired in 2007. He died on 28th October, 2010.
- John Williams
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace soundtrack
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones soundtrack
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith soundtrack
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope soundtrack
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back soundtrack
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi soundtrack