The Mavvan Conflict was a series of skirmishes fought between the Galactic Empire and rebels in the Mavva system between the years 19 and 15 BBY. During the conflict, the Empire unleashed a biological agent, the rooze germ, which killed just as many Imperials as it did rebels. Immune to the disease, Koboks who earned distinction during the Mavvan Conflict were awarded the Koboth Insurgent Mantle. The conflict lead to the creation of the Kobothi S-Corps, while also defining the species' reputation as capable warriors and causing the Empire to discontinue its use of the rooze virus in germ warfare.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Mavvan Conflict was first mentioned in "The Frozen Citadel," the thirteenth and final episode of the Star Wars Legends animated series Star Wars: Droids: The Adventures of R2-D2 and C-3PO, which originally aired on November 30, 1985. While Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds the spelled the conflict's title as "Mavvan," the DVD subtitles for Treasure of the Hidden Planet spelled it "Maven."
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 According to The New Essential Chronology, the Galactic Empire was founded founded in the year 19 BBY. In addition, dates the events of Star Wars: Droids: The Adventures of R2-D2 and C-3PO to fifteen years before Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. As The New Essential Chronology dates the events of A New Hope, including the Battle of Yavin, to the year 0 BBY, the events of "The Frozen Citadel" can therefore be dated to 15 BBY. Using this information, while taking into account that the Empire participated in the event, it can be determined that the Mavvan Conflict occurred between 19 and 15 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: Droids—"The Frozen Citadel"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. Given this principle, this article makes a similar basic assumption for the Mavvan Conflict and the Mavva system. "I wouldn't get your hopes up re alien homeworlds, beyond simple stuff like the Planetnamian species getting a Planetnamia on the map or things Dan and I can account for with a relatively quick reference."
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- ↑ "A Star Wars CELibration"—Star Wars Insider 27
- ↑ Treasure of the Hidden Planet