The Max Rebo Band was a 12-member band that played at Jabba the Hutt's palace on the planet Tatooine around four years after the Battle of Yavin. The band played the song "Jedi Rocks" for the Hutt and his court, which Jabba demanded be played again. During the second performance however, Jabba interrupted the band by dropping his slave dancer Oola into the rancor pit below his throne room, where she was devoured. The band then witnessed Leia Organa enter the palace disguised as the bounty hunter Boushh and claim the bounty on the Wookiee Chewbacca. When Organa later freed the smuggler Han Solo from carbonite, several members of the band were present with Jabba in hiding. At least one member of the band, Max Rebo, then traveled on board Jabba's sail barge to the Great Pit of Carkoon.
Behind the scenesEdit
While the Max Rebo Band's name is never spoken in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, the scene they first appear in is titled "the Max Rebo Band" in the scene selection menu of the DVD releases.
- "You Owe Me a Ride"—From a Certain Point of View
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- (First identified as Max Rebo Band)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
Notes and referencesEdit
- Max Rebo Band on Wikipedia