Maxima-A class heavy cruisers were wedge-shaped First Order warships employed around 30 years after the Battle of Endor. New Republic Commander Poe Dameron discovered two of the cruisers at a staging point as the Cold war heated up.
Sometime afterward, Agent Terex commanded one such heavy cruiser, the Ravenous, during the search for the explorer and historian Lor San Tekka. It deployed TIE fighters against Black Squadron, but the confrontation ended in a draw. During the war between the First Order and the Resistance, a Maxima-A class heavy cruiser, the Fortitude, attacked the planet Ikkrukk.
Behind the scenesEdit
Maxima-A class heavy cruisers appear in the 2015 canon novel Before the Awakening, written by Greg Rucka as a prelude to Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. The cruisers were first pictured in the 2016 comic book Poe Dameron 2: Black Squadron, Part II, written by Charles Soule and illustrated by Phil Noto.
- Before the Awakening (First appearance)
- Poe Dameron 2: Black Squadron, Part II (First pictured)
- Poe Dameron 3: Black Squadron, Part III (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron 13: The Gathering Storm, Part VI
- Poe Dameron 30: The Awakening, Part V (Appears in flashback(s))
- Poe Dameron 31: The Awakening, Part VI
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Before the Awakening
- ↑ Poe Dameron 31: The Awakening, Part VI
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Poe Dameron 2: Black Squadron, Part II
- ↑ Before the Awakening takes place shortly before Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which the Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary notes as taking place 30 years after the Battle of Endor.
- ↑ Poe Dameron 30: The Awakening, Part V