Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "A squadron of TIE fighters? Great! Anything's better than facing my father …"
- ―Mazer Rackus
Mazer Rackus, a Twi'lek male, was a longtime starfighter pilot of the Rebel Alliance. Rackus originally joined the Rebellion at age sixteen, well before the Battle of Yavin, after stealing his first starship from his father and crashing it on a Rebel-held planet. Rackus convinced his Rebel captors of his loyalty to their cause and went on to fly raids for the Alliance for many years, although he always carried with him a bad recollection of his father.
Mazer Rackus was born sometime before 16 BBY. He stole his first starship from his father at age sixteen and promptly crashed the vessel on a planet controlled by the Rebel Alliance. The Rebels captured Rackus, and though he soon convinced them of his "loyalties" to their cause, he later admitted among friends that he was more afraid of facing his father than anything else. Rackus began flying raids for the Alliance as a starfighter pilot from that point forward. By the Battle of Yavin, Rackus had been fighting with the Rebellion for many years.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "That ten degree list to port? That must be, uh…mechanical problems. Yeah. That's it…"
- ―Mazer Rackus
Mazer Rackus was a Twi'lek of typical appearance for his species. He had pinkish-white skin, red eyes, and long lekku extending from his cranium. However, rather than the luxurious robes traditionally worn by Twi'leks, Rackus usually wore a standard flight suit. He also had a taste for spending money.
Although loud and brash, Rackus demonstrated unusual sensitivity for a Twi'lek, hating to see anything beautiful damaged. He was also particularly sensitive of his piloting abilities, and nothing ever happened by accident. Rather than admitting to pilot error, for example, Rackus had an excuse waiting to explain his mishap.
Rackus adored speed and risk-taking, as long as it did not cause his ship to crash. He was glad to engage in dogfights with enemy TIE fighters but made sure to avoid Imperial capital ships. He did not necessarily fear death, but he knew capital ships had enough firepower to imperil him and potentially cause another crash, which prompted Rackus to recall wincing thoughts of his father.
Skills and abilitiesEdit
Rackus's equipment included a Merr-Sonn Model 44 blaster pistol in a shoulder holster, comlink, macrobinoculars, datapad, hydrospanner, three medpacs, his Rebel uniform, dark starglasses, and his personal X-wing fighter.
Behind the scenesEdit
Mazer Rackus was created for the 1993 West End Games sourcebook Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim, written by Simon Smith and Eric S. Trautmann. He serves as a character example of a Rebel operative for use with Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. Artist Mike Vilardi provided the sourcebook's illustration of Rackus.
Rackus later appeared in the 1998 PC game Star Wars: Rebellion as one of the playable characters available to the Rebel Alliance. In gameplay, Rackus is used most effectively as a Special Forces operative in conjunction with fellow Rebel character Ma'w'shiye, both of whom exhibit excellent combat and espionage skills. When paired, they can succeed in the most difficult missions.
- Star Wars: Rebellion (First appearance)
- Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim states that Mazer Rackus joined the Rebel Alliance at age sixteen and has been serving ever since. Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide, which is set immediately following the Battle of Yavin—or 0 ABY, according to The New Essential Chronology—states that Rackus "has fought for the Rebels for many years." Taken together, this information provides a birth date for Rackus of before 16 BBY.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Star Wars: Rebellion
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide