Personalized one-person conveyance
|Physical and technical specifications|
0.5 meters; 1.5 meters with legs extended
| Usage and history
The devices, generally built by Affodies Crafthouse of Pure Neimoidia, were prohibitively costly and were more of a status symbol than a mode of transportation. They featured two sickle-shaped rear legs that terminated in single-claw feet, and a pair of articulated double-clawed guidance limbs. Gyroscopically balanced, the chair's metallic surface was covered in etchings modeled after the shell ornamentation of Neimoidia's sovereign beetle. They were noted as being uncomfortable to sit on.
Viceroy Gunray's own mechno-chair was fitted with a holoprojector encrypted to a secret channel maintained by Darth Sidious. This chair was made on the planet Charros by the Xi Char, and customized with a HoloNet secret link and security systems that emitted toxic dioxis gas. It also had a self-destruct mechanism that could be instructed to initiate remotely.
The Dark Lord communicated with Gunray via his mechno-chair during the Invasion of Naboo, and later during the Clone Wars. When the Grand Army of the Republic laid siege to his fortress on Cato Neimoidia, Gunray fled the planet, but accidentally left his mechno-chair behind. Seized by Republic forces, the mechno-chair, with its holo-recording of Sidious, provided the Jedi with a valuable clue in the search for the elusive Sith Lord in the days prior to the Battle of Coruscant.
Sometime during the Galactic Civil War, several mechno-chairs were released to the public, some even being looted by various spacers.
- Jedi Council: Acts of War 1
- Jedi Council: Acts of War 3
- Darth Maul: Saboteur
- Cloak of Deception
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace comic
- End Game
- Star Wars: Republic 36: The Stark Hyperspace War, Part 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Republic 37: The Stark Hyperspace War, Part 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Republic 39: The Stark Hyperspace War, Part 4 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Republic 41: The Devaronian Version, Part 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Starfighter: Crossbones 2
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 7"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Shipyards of Doom
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 22"
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Secrets of Naboo
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 6 (NUT1–2, Nute Gunray)
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Mechno Chair)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Reader's Companion