|Medal of Valor|
Displaying substantial bravery in battle
| Chronological information
The Medal of Valor, later known as the Imperial Medal of Valor, was a prestigious military award in the Galactic Republic and later the Imperial Military. It was an award of some significance, although presumably secondary to the Distinguished Medal of Imperial Honor. It was presented to Imperial soldiers for conspicuous bravery on the field of battle.
Known recipients include General Garza, who received it for her actions during the Great Galactic War, Kyle Katarn and Rom Mohc, who received the medal three times, Nick Rostu and Liane Trevval in pre-Imperial times. The award was a live-fire award and possibly required wounding for its achievement. The members of Tango Company within the Stormtrooper Corps was also awarded the Medal of Valor for its role in the Lasan Suppression.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Shatterpoint (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight (Mentioned only)
- Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire (First appearance)
- Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire audio drama
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Adventure Journal 9
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 140 (KAT5, Kyle Katarn)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide