- "Any battlefield medic would be proud to have done as much."
- ―Han Solo
A medic was a title held both by medical technicians in medical facilities and by soldiers that carried medical supplies into the battlefield and tended to wounded soldiers. They were present in many armies including the Grand Army of the Republic and the Imperial Army.
Medics in known armiesEdit
- On the planet Naboo, the Gungan Grand Army used a certain type of Gungan Doctor as its medic, while the Human Royal Naboo Security Forces used Royal med droids.
- The Trade Federation Droid Army and later the Separatist Droid Army did not require medics, but used MED-47 medical droids and ADK-25-MED medical droids, respectively, when dealing with organic individuals.
- Clone trooper medics were clone troopers that acted as medics on the battlefield. They were trained as medics on Kamino and received special tools to help their fellow wounded troopers. These medics were also experienced troopers and often served near the front line of combat. Notable battles they were involved with were the Battle of Umbara and the Battle of Saleucami. The Grand Army of the Republic also used IM-6 battlefield medical droids.
- Imperial medics were specifically trained soldiers whose job was to tend to wounded stormtroopers. They stayed a little back from the front lines and could defend themselves with their blasters if needed. They participated in battles on contested planets such as Felucia, Kashyyyk and Raxus Prime.[source?] The Imperials also used the 2-1C medical droids.
Behind the scenesEdit
According to the novel The Clone Wars: Decide Your Destiny: The Lost Legion, Phase 1 clone trooper medics have their squad color markings on their armor, circles on their shoulder plates, and a thin stripe around their helmets. However, they may not have markings at all, for Kix in "The Deserter" doesn't have any on his armor. When Kix changes his Phase I clone trooper armor to Phase II, his new armor displays the clone trooper medic markings.
In the 2001 video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds and its 2002 expansion pack, medics are produced by each of the eight civilizations at Command centers for 50 units of food. In the Trade Federation's bonus campaign, an alternate version of the Battle of Grassy Plains, two medical droids join Darth Maul at the battle.
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Classic Campaigns
- Alliance Intelligence Reports
- "Cracken's Rebel Operatives"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Ultimate Adversaries
- Threats of the Galaxy
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Rebel Medic)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
- Strongholds of Resistance