- "You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship."
Meditation was a mental technique performed by living beings. By meditating, Force-sensitives could reach a deeper state of relaxation, making them easier to connect with the Force with a clear mind. This technique, which consisted of opening a connection to the Force, was something even the eldest of Jedi Masters studied over a lifetime. On the other hand, whereas the Jedi meditated to quiet their minds and connect with the Force, Sith Lords meditated to concentrate their anger, their fear, and their hatred into a pure point of ruthless power within them.
The basics of Jedi meditation were to focus on whatever emotions were uppermost in one's mind, to be honest with oneself about the feelings one experienced and their effects. Then, one was to let each emotion go—the goal being to make of oneself an empty vessel that the Force would be able to fill.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Children of the Force"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Disappeared, Part II"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Lords of the Sith
- Lost Stars
- The Rebellion Begins
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- Star Wars Rebels – "Out of Darkness"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Path of the Jedi"
- Battle to the End
- Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness"
- Star Wars 7: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi: The Last of His Breed
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Heir to the Jedi
- The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)