- "I am an accomplished battlefield strategist. I analyze the enemy terrain and plot a course to victory."
"In other words, you read maps."
- ―Colonel Gascon and WAC-47
Meebur Gascon was an officer in the Grand Army of the Republic, carrying the rank of colonel, but dreaming of a promotion to the rank of Brigadier General. A male Zilkin, he was a military strategist and served with Republic command since the Battle of Geonosis.
During the Clone Wars, Gascon was assigned command of D-Squad, a group of droids which included R2-D2 and WAC-47. At first, Gascon did not think much of his charges, considering them little more than electronic tools. In return, the droids did not think much of him, either, dismissing him as a little more than a "map-reader" and WAC-47 repeatedly addressing him by the incorrect rank of "corporal." As their mission progressed, however, they all came to form a deep bond and have mutual respect for each other's skills.
Behind the scenesEdit
Gascon's design originated from concept artwork for Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, a design originally conceived for Jar Jar Binks. He was voiced by Stephen Stanton, who also voiced Moralo Eval. Like Gascon, Eval's story arc was written by Brent Friedman.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Sunny Day in the Void"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
Non-Canon Appearances Edit
- (Picture only)