Megonite moss was a kind of moss native to Phelarion, that was useful for making explosives. The moss was itself unstable and had to be kept at low temperatures or risk spontaneously detonating. Just walking through it required the use of freeze boots. It was located deep in caves and had to be mined. The Motti family (and, by marriage, the Tarkin family) were wealthy citizens in the megonite moss mining business, using slave labor.
- Princess Leia, Imperial Servant (First appearance)
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- "ComicScan: Coming Full Circle"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 3
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 31 (TAR2, Grand Moff Tarkin)
- Star Wars Annual 2008
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia