- "Look, I'll point out her husband, but that's it. He seems jumpy, and I'm not risking my neck."
Mekks was a male Human who lived on the planet Nal Hutta during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. By 3643 BBY he worked as a comm officer in the spaceport of an industrial town named Jiguuna. Prior to this, he had also come to owe a woman named Gianna a favor. Mekks repaid the favor in 3643 BBY when he saw her son, Zi'am, and her husband, Kendrel, in the spaceport attempting to flee the planet. The pair were trying to escape Hutta, as Gianna wished for Zi'am, who was Force-sensitive, to train on the planet Korriban to become Sith. Kendrel, who had trained on Korriban himself but failed and fled, did not want Zi'am to suffer the same experience he'd had and so was trying to take his son to safety. Mekks then directed an Imperial-aligned individual Gianna had hired to retrieve Zi'am to the pair's location. He then witnessed the individual kill Kendrel after he refused to give up his son.
- "Huh. You're the one Gianna recruited to rescue her son? She said you were on your way."
- ―Mekks greets the individual Gianna hired.
Mekks was a male Human who lived during the Cold War. Some time before or during 3643 BBY, he came to work as a comm officer on the planet of Nal Hutta within a spaceport in a small industrial town named Jiguuna. He also came to owe a favor to a woman named Gianna. In 3643 BBY, Mekks recognized Gianna's husband, Kendrel, and son, Zi'am, in the spaceport preparing to depart. He informed Gianna of their whereabouts, as Gianna was looking for them. Kendrel, who had previously trained on Korriban himself but failed his trials and fled, was attempting to take Zi'am away from Gianna to prevent her from sending their son to his potential death, as he too was Force-sensitive. Once Gianna received Mekks' message, she began seeking help to retrieve her son.
Gianna eventually sent an Imperial-aligned individual to retrieve her son. The individual found Mekks in the spaceport and the comm officer told them that he would point out Kendrel and Zi'am, but not aid in claiming the boy. He called over the pair, but once the individual explained why they were there, Kendrel refused to hand over his son. The father asked that the individual let them flee and tell Gianna they had gone to Korriban so she wouldn't search for them. The individual refused and shot Kendrel, killing him before before he could react. After his father's death, Zi'am fled home to his mother and Mekks, believing he had settled his debt, left the hunter to return to his work. Gianna later sent Zi'am to Korriban as she had planned.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "That was... nevermind. Not my business"
- ―Mekks, after witnessing Kendrel's death
Mekks honored the debt he owed to Gianna by informing of her of her son's whereabouts, but he refused to help the individual retrieve him as he did not want to risk being hurt by Kendrel, who he believed looked suspicious. After Mekks witnessed Kendrel's death, he considered commenting on it but refrained as he didn't believe it was his business.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "I'm through with you and Gianna. Don't get me involved again."
- ―Mekks becomes more angry in another dialogue option.
Mekks first appeared in the video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, which was released by BioWare and LucasArts in 2011. He is involved in the quest "Dreams of Korriban" on Hutta, where he directs the player to Zi'am and Kendrel after Gianna asks the player to find them. The player has a choice to either allow Kendrel and Zi'am to flee once they reach the spaceport (light side) or to kill Kendrel (dark side). This article assumes that the player chose to take the "dark side" option and killed Kendral due to the fact only Imperial characters of the Bounty Hunter or Imperial Agent class can undertake this quest. This is due to its location on Nal Hutta, which Republic players cannot access.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Mission: "Dreams of Korriban" on Nal Hutta
- ↑ Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Zi'am on Korriban from Harkun