Melee weapons were weapons designed for close- to medium-ranged combat. Such weapons included clubs like the gaderffii used by the Tusken Raiders of Tatooine, swords, and vibro-axes. In the sparring gym of his flagship, the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Chimaera, Grand Admiral Thrawn kept a number of melee weapons, which he used against Imperial sentry droids to train his fighting skills.
By the time of the First Order–Resistance conflict, people usually preferred to fight from long range, using rifles and blasters. As a consequence, physicians were not used to treating wounds inflicted by melee weapons such as lightsabers.
- Darth Maul, Part I
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters" (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Through Imperial Eyes"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Darth Vader 1: Vader
- Darth Vader 25: End of Games, Part VI
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku"
- Before the Awakening
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Melee weapon)
Notes and referencesEdit
Melee weapon on Wikipedia