- "We have a crisis. One of the conference participants brought a servant, a man named Melloc Fitzal. It turns out Fitzal was a covert agent for Imperial Security. We screened all transmission devices before the conference, but Fitzal got out undetected and has met an escort of storm commandos in the wilderness. If he gets back to the city alive, the entire Resistance on Naboo will be finished. Assemble a strike team and stop him!"
- ―Pooja Naberrie
Melloc Fitzal was a male member of Imperial Intelligence who lived during the time of the Galactic Civil War. Sometime following the Battle of Yavin in 0 BBY, Pooja Naberrie tasked a spacer with locating Fitzal outside the city of Dee'ja Peak on Naboo, and killing him.
Behind the scenesEdit
Melloc Fitzal was intended to be a non-player character in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011.
Players who performed a series of quests for Pooja Naberriehad had to locate Fitzal outside of Dee'ja Peak and kill him. However, due to a bug, many of the NPCs in Naberrie's quests were not properly sequenced. For instance, in the quest to kill Fitzal, players actually encountered an individual known as Herosk Bal'far, who was supposed to appear in a previous quest. According to the game files, killing Fitzal would not result in a mission success, as the character (in this case Herosk Bal'far) was not designated as a "destroy" NPC. Nevertheless, it was possible for the player to complete the mission by escorting Fitzal back to Naberrie in Dee'ja Peak. This article assumes that the content of Naberrie's quest dialogue is canon in the Star Wars Legends continuity, and that Fitzal, not Herosk Bal'far, actually appeared during her sixth and final quest.
Furthermore, because Melloc Fitzal lacked a proper character model, the canonical species cannot be definitively determined in the Star Wars Legends continuity. However, the quest dialogue identified Fitzal as a male. The questline that involved Fitzal was eventually removed from the game when Pooja Naberrie was relocated to Theed as part of the newly introduced Legacy Quest, released as part of Publish 25's New Game Enhancements on November 15, 2005.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance) (Erroneously as Herosk Bal'far)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- ↑ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT STAR WARS GALAXIES. Sony Online Entertainment (2011-06-24). Archived from the original on November 24, 2011. Retrieved on July 25, 2015.
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided directory tree files