- "We must discuss the governorship of Birren. As you know, Lord Mellowyn has passed away—"
"Of course. I was sorry to hear of it."
- ―Carise Sindian and Leia Organa
Lord Mellowyn was a nobleman and a distant kinsman to Bail Organa of Alderaan. He served as the ceremonial governor of the small Inner Rim world of Birren. Over the years that followed Bail Organa's death during the Disaster, Mellowyn occasionally received visits from his late relative's adopted daughter, Leia Organa. However in 28 ABY, the Lord of Birren passed away. Because Mellowyn had no direct heirs, the title passed to Leia Organa, who, despite her fondness for the lord, was not keen on retiring to Birren. Because of this, Organa instead gave the title to Carise Sindian, who happily took the title. After discovering Sindian broke a vow as Governor of Birren, Organa, with the backing and authority of the Elder Houses, stripped her of her titles.
- Bloodline (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Bloodline
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 screenshot) The tweet in question states that the events of Bloodline take place six years before the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the events of The Force Awakens take place in the year 34 ABY and so using simple math it can be concluded that the events of Bloodline take place in 28 ABY. . “So excited to have @claudiagray writing a #StarWars novel with us. SW: New Republic: Bloodline coming 2016. Set 6 years before TFA.” (