Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc. was an arms manufacturer that was active in the galaxy during the Galactic Civil War. It notably produced the versatile MPL-57 grenade launcher, which was developed by the corporation in an effort to widen its market share, the Class-A thermal detonator, and the LX-4 proton mine. In order to avoid treaty restrictions that prevented major galactic corporations from selling arms to the First Order, Merr-Sonn and BlasTech Industries cynically spun off a subsidiary called Sonn-Blas Corporation, which operated within the Unknown Regions and manufactured the majority of the First Order's weapons, building on classic templates that dated back to the Clone Wars.
Behind the scenesEdit
Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc. was first mentioned in The Star Wars Sourcebook, a 1987 Star Wars Legends sourcebook written by Bill Slavicsek and Curtis Smith for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. The corporation was confirmed to be canon when it was mentioned in Ultimate Star Wars, a 2015 reference book cowritten by Patricia Barr, Adam Bray, Daniel Wallace, and Ryder Windham.
- Star Wars Battlefront (Mentioned only) (as Merr-Sonn)
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only) (as Merr-Sonn)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First mentioned) (as Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc.)
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide (as Merr-Sonn)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (as Merr-Sonn Munitions)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide