c. 270 BBY
|Chronological and political information|
Merumeru was a male Wookiee Chieftain who fought during the Clone Wars. He was a commander in the Battle of Kashyyyk, leading an army of volunteers against the invading Confederacy of Independent Systems. Merumeru was also a highly respected Wookiee Chieftain. However, at only 250 years old he was considered to be relatively young for such a rank.
Merumeru was considered to be young for a chieftain, at the age of only 250 standard years. His mental prowess was refined by playing dejarik and other similar games. In practice, he developed effective tactics in defending Wookiee territories and outposts from Trandoshan raiders.
During the battle for Kachirho, Captain Merumeru led the beachfront defense, leading his volunteer soldiers against the invading droid armies. Among the capable warriors following him into battle were Guanta, Lachichuk and Salporin.
Personality and traitsEdit
Merumeru had very sharp mind honed through playing dejarik and other games. He was also a skilled tactician who created tactics that proved very useful in defending Wookiee outposts and territories against Trandoshan slavers. In combat he wielded a battle staff and bowcaster.
Behind the scenesEdit
The helmet that Merumeru wore in Revenge of the Sith wasn't completed in time for production, so he wore a blue helmet on his head for this scene. The blue headgear was later replaced with a digital helmet in the final version.
Merumeru wore the crest of the Kachirho clan during Battle of Kashyyyk.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (PhotoComic)
- Episode III: Revenge of the Sith: The Movie Storybook
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Merumeru)
- Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith: Illustrated Screenplay (Picture only)
- The Making of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Scrapbook (Picture only)
- Star Wars Revenge of the Sith: MasterWorks Lithographic Art Print Collection
- Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- "The Wookiees Are Back!"—Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith DVD
- "The Saga is Now Complete"—Star Wars Insider 85 (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- "Unknown Origins"—Star Wars Insider 92 (Picture only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 30 (Picture only)
- "Ask Lobot"—Star Wars Insider 119 (Picture only)
- "Blood Feud!"—Star Wars Insider 124 (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.19 (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams
- "Rogues Gallery: Wookiee Warriors!"—Star Wars Insider 141
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Lachichuk (★★★))
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7
- ↑ It is established that Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith takes place in 19 BBY, and since he is alive in the movie, he had to be born. Also, his Databank entry states that he was "around 250 standard years of age".
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ http://forums.starwars.com/message.jspa?messageID=10140591#10140591