|Points of interest|
At one point, Metalorn was a sun-beaten forest world where, in the upper atmosphere, it was almost impossible for weaker ships to land because the intense heat would melt them. In the lower surface however, there was a lush tropical forest. Presumably this tropical jungle was lost due to the planet's resources being stripped by the Techno Union during the Clone Wars, and then the Galactic Empire afterward, making the surface a barren wasteland of rock, ash, and industrial magma pits created by underground city-factories. There was a gigantic wasteland that held large amounts of trash and junk.
Techno Union foreman Wat Tambor built a factory on Metalorn which manufactured B1 battle droids for the Techno Union's security forces, and later C-B3 cortosis battle droids for the Confederacy of Independent Systems' army. Under the Techno Union, rivers were converted into canyons so they could move the materials to the factories more easily. Later on Anakin Skywalker foiled the creation of the cortosis droids and captured Wat Tambor on Metalorn in 21 BBY.
In 19 BBY, the Techno Union captured Jedi Master Shaak Ti and were holding her in a high security prison, which no one had ever escaped from. After finding out about this, senator Bail Prestor Organa of Alderaan came up with a desperate mission to save the imprisoned Jedi by convincing Wat Tambor that Alderaan wanted to join the CIS and convert Alderaan into a factory world like Metalorn. Tambor was deceived and allowed Organa to land the Tantive IV on Metalorn so that he could give the Alderaanian a tour of the factories. During the tour Bail asked to see the Techno Union's prison facilities. Tambor brought the group to Unreal City, the prison complex of Metalorn that was so big it could hold twice the population of a normal planet and was visible from orbit. While touring the complex, Bail was able to locate Shaak Ti's holding cell and free her using her lightsaber. During the battle that ensued, they were then able to escape in the Tantive IV and leave the planet for good, saying that they had to notify the Galactic Republic and the Jedi High Council about the atrocities that were going on on Metalorn.
Under the New Order, Metalorn was a primary industrial world of the Galactic Empire under Governor Corwyth. Human laborers wore identical uniforms and were allowed to do little other than work. They were little more than slaves.
In 0 ABY, Leia Organa infiltrated the world and planted the seed of Rebellion in the heart of a young native girl named Tammi. Tammi rebelled against the oppressive Empire by planting a single flower on Metalorn.
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 46 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) —
- Star Wars: The New Droid Army
- The Cestus Deception (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic: The Battle of Jabiim (Mentioned only)
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- CIS Shadowfeed Year's Start Fete Day Edition (Mentioned only)
- "Bailed Out" - Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 5
- Reversal of Fortune (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 30: A Princess Alone (First appearance)
- Star Wars 33: Saber Clash (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 36: Red Queen Rising (Mentioned only)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded