- "You wanted excitement, Hevy."
"Right. Oo-ooh, meteor shower."
- ―Cutup and Hevy
Meteor showers or meteor storms were common celestial events in which small fragments of cosmic debris entered a planetary atmosphere. Those fragments which resisted vaporization and reached the surface were known as meteorites.
While stationed on the remote Rishi listening post, the clone trooper’s detected an incoming meteor shower and raised the defensive shields. Hidden among the interstellar debris were multiple pod hunters occupied by BX-series droid commandos.
A common espionage tactic involved concealing starships within a mass of meteors. In 8 ABY, the crew of Mon Remonda diverted a series of asteroids to create a meteor shower over Saffalore which provided cover for Wraith Squadron’s subsequent raid.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode I Racer
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker
- X-Wing: Solo Command (First appearance)
- Young Jedi Knights: Diversity Alliance (First mentioned) (as meteor storm)