- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to Michael and the other captured engineers
Michael was a Human male from the planet Naboo who lived in the last decades of the Galactic Republic. By 32 BBY, he served as an engineer of the Royal Naboo Security Forces at the main hangar of Theed, the capital city of his homeworld. The same year, Naboo was subjugated by the droid forces of the Trade Federation. The engineers were taken prisoners in their hangar until the Jedi Knights Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi destroyed the B1 battle droids that guarded them. When Kenobi yelled at them, "Go!", Michael and his colleagues vacated the premises without looking back.
Personality and traitsEdit
Michael was a fair-skinned man with blue eyes. As a Naboo engineer, he wore a yellow, double-breasted jumpsuit. Like some of his colleagues, including Simon and Bernie Jabesq, he had written his name in futhork, the informal Naboo script, on his helmet.
Behind the scenesEdit
Michael first appeared as background character in the 1999 movie Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, the first installment of the prequel trilogy, in which he was portrayed by an unidentified extra. As with many other members of the Naboo Security Forces, his name was written on his helmet using the Futhork alphabet. Although the name was too blurry to be read in the movie itself, a still photograph showcased in the 133rd issue of The Official Star Wars Fact File allowed to decipher it properly.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 The Official Star Wars Fact File 133 (GUA 5-8, Naboo Guards)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary