- "The scrounger Miggs McKane retired to Ogem after he sliced his way into the data core of a Star Destroyer and found a complete Imperial order of battle, which he eventually sold to some off-worlder."
- ―Rey writes about McKane in her survival guide
Miggs McKane was a human male who worked as a scavenger on the desert planet Jakku. The occupants of Niima Outpost claimed that McKane managed to slice into the datacore of a crashed Imperial Star Destroyer and found a complete order of battle. He then sold his find to an offworlder and used the profits to retire to Ogem, a planet located close to Jakku. During or prior to 34 ABY, the scavenger Rey recorded McKane's tale in a survival guide she compiled, including a sketch of him alongside it. In the illustration, McKane was depicted with facial hair, wearing a pair of goggles and a hat.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide includes an addendum at the end describing some of the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, written several days after they take place. The addendum is the final entry in the guide and is included chronologically after the entry mentioning McKane. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of the film to 34 ABY.