Mikkians were a humanoid species hailing from Mikkia, identifiable by their manes of head-tendrils and their bright skin pigmentation. The twin sisters Tiplar and Tiplee, who fought and died in the Clone Wars as Jedi Masters, were Mikkians. Another member of the species, a female named Sakas, fought with the Alliance to Restore the Republic in the Galactic Civil War.
Biology and appearanceEdit
The Mikkians were a species of brightly colored humanoids. Members had four limbs: two legs, and two arms with five-fingered hands, including an opposable thumb. Their heads had two forward-facing eyes, whose irides could be blue.
However, the Mikkians' most distinctive feature were their head-tendrils, the number and pattern varying between individuals. Their skin ranged in pigmentation from bright yellows and greens to reds with blue highlights and pinks. Some members of the species were sensitive to the Force.
Mikkians in the galaxyEdit
In the waning years of the Galactic Republic, the Mikkian twin sisters Tiplee and Tiplar were both part of the Force-wielding Jedi Order. By the time of the Clone Wars, they had attained the rank of Jedi Master and served as Jedi Generals in the Grand Army of the Republic. In that capacity, they led clone troopers in battle against the forces of the Confederacy of Independent Systems.
During the Battle of Ringo Vinda, Tiplar was killed by one of her soldiers, the clone trooper CT-5385, whose inhibitor chip had malfunctioned. Later in the war, her sister led an assault on Vizsla Keep 09, where the ex-Sith Lord Darth Maul was hiding. Tiplee was slain during a lightsaber duel with Count Dooku, leader of the Confederacy, who had formed an alliance with Maul.
Decades later, during the Galactic Civil War, a female Mikkian named Sakas served in the Alliance to Restore the Republic, a resistance movement that fought the autocratic Galactic Empire. As a member of the Alliance Special Forces, she participated in a raid against an Imperial black site at the Wretch of Tayron.
Behind the scenesEdit
Mikkians first appeared in "The Unknown," the first episode of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series' sixth season, which first aired in Germany on February 15, 2014. Their design was based on an unused piece of concept art for a female Sith that Iain McCaig created for the film Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones.
However, the species' name was only revealed in June 2015, on the official website for Kabam's then-upcoming mobile game Star Wars: Uprising. At the time, future players were given the opportunity to vote for either Mirialan or Mikkian to become the game's fourth playable species. The Mikkian icon depicted a female whose mane of tendrils resembled those of Tiplar and Tiplee.
After Amy Ratcliffe pointed out the resemblance on Twitter, the official Star Wars account confirmed that the Jedi twins were indeed Mikkians, and that a new entry reflecting that fact would soon be added in the official StarWars.com Databank. Once the vote ended on June 30, the Mirialan species won and was added to the game. Nevertheless, a PNG image titled
npc_sister_mikkian_portrait can still be found in the game's files.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Conspiracy" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destiny" (Vision to Yoda)
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Three
- Shattered Empire, Part III
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Uprising official site (First identified as Mikkian)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Shattered Empire, Part III
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 screenshot) . "@LelalMekha Looks to me like an error. Mikkians are from Mikkia." (
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Three
- ↑ Newbold, Mark (2014-01-16, 11:31 AM, BST). Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Season Six Launching 15th February In Germany. Jedi News. Jedi News UK. Archived from the original on April 25, 2017. Retrieved on April 25, 2017.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars Staffel 6, Folge 1: Zustand unbekannt (German). fernsehserian.de. imfernsehen GmbH & Co. KG (2017). Archived from the original on April 25, 2017. Retrieved on April 25, 2017. (English translation)
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising—Shape the Future of the Game. Star Wars: Uprising. Kabam, Inc. (2015-06-04). Archived from the original on June 4, 2015. Retrieved on April 25, 2017.
- ↑ screenshot) . "@amy_geek @JoaquinSlowly @BlueJaigEyes Correct. We'll be adding to the databank soon." (
- ↑ screenshot) . "Today is your last chance to vote on the fourth playable race! Mikkian or Mirialan?" (
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising