Militarists were a faction of senators within the Galactic Senate of the Republic during the decades prior to the outbreak of the Clone Wars. They wished to overturn the segments of the Ruusan Reformation that had stripped the Old Republic of its Army and Navy. Militarist senators were supported by many of the regional military academies, notably the Academy of Carida. It is likely that they were the ones who pushed for the establishment of the Katana fleet. Until his death in 44 BBY, Ranulph Tarkin led the Militarist faction, going so far as to assemble a paramilitary force to deal with the Stark Hyperspace War. During his time as its leader, the Militarist faction became associated with Humanocentrism.
Several years later, during the Separatist Crisis, Militarists pushed for the passage of the Military Creation Act. Prominent militarists at this time included Candabrine Bu, Orn Free Taa, Aks Moe, and Onaconda Farr (thus eroding the faction's Humanocentrism). Naboo's populace also were widely militarists, although their senator was a strict pacifist. The militarists were supported by the Stark Veteran Assembly and the Academy of Carida, and presumably other military academies as well.
- Star Wars: Republic: The Stark Hyperspace War (First appearance)
- Cloak of Deception
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 45 —
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 46 —
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 47 —
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 50 —
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 52 —
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 56 —
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Comics Companion
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare