21 standard hours
334 local days
|Points of interest|
Mimban, formally known as Circarpous V, was the home planet of the Coway, the Mimbanites, and the extinct Thrella. Although original named Circarpous V, the planet was never colonized by the Circarpousians. The planet, locally known as Mimban, was in the Circarpous Major system.
- "You have to be alert every second on Mimban, this is a crazy world, where the ground itself is your most uncertain enemy."
Mimban was a cloud-covered jungle world that was largely unexplored.
The surface of the planet was dank, and the perpetual mist made it difficult to distinguish night from day.
During the Clone Wars, the planet was a member of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Early in the war, a unit of the 224th known as the Mud-Jumpers and a unit of the 44th Special Operations Division known as the Devil Dogs served on the planet and fought in the Battle of Mimban.
Haka Hai had a base on the planet. It was here that he attempted to take Dreypa's Oubliette from the crew of the Uhumele. He later died when Bomo Greenbark ambushed Hara and his men after Bomo escaped captivity.
With thaissen crystals acquired from Mimban and techniques adapted from lightsaber construction, Lord Cronal gave the Force detectors the ability to magnify any Force detected, as well as sense dark side tendencies in the Force-sensitive subject.
At the time of the Battle of Yavin, Imperial control of the planet was entrusted to Captain-Supervisor Grammel, who ruled from the Imperial planetary headquarters built into an ancient towering ziggurat.
The Galactic Empire used Mimban as the site for an Imperial energy mining operation. This consisted of five makeshift mining towns, all run by Imperials at the height of their operations.
The legendary Kaiburr crystal was located deep in the jungle within the Temple of Pomojema. The powerful crystal rested within a ceremonial statue of the minor local god, Pomojema, and was guarded by a sluggish but deadly lizard creature.
In 2 ABY, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and the droids R2-D2 and C-3PO crashed on Mimban while traveling to a conference on Circarpous IV. On Mimban, Luke and Leia encountered a Force-sensitive old woman named Halla. They struck a deal with her, promising to find the Kaiburr crystal if she promised to aid them in their escape off the planet. However, Darth Vader was also looking for the powerful Kaiburr crystal. Both in pursuit of the powerful Force relic, Skywalker and Vader dueled in the ancient Temple of Pomojema. Every movement of Skywalker was guided by the spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi and empowered by the crystal, so the young boy amazingly managed to hold Vader off, even managing to sever the Dark Lord's mechanical arm. Shocked, Vader tumbled down a deep pit, ending their duel. This was the first battle between Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. After the showdown, the Rebels were able to retrieve the Kaiburr crystal and leave Mimban.
The Yuuzhan Vong invaded Mimban from positions in Hutt Space after forming an alliance with the Hutt crime lords. They used the planet to attack nearby Gyndine, overrunning the neighboring world. It was rumored that the Yuuzhan Vong had occupied Mimban to allow their bio-engineered Fire Breathers to fill up on swamp gas for the invasion of Gyndine.
Behind the scenesEdit
The PC game Star Wars: Rebellion mistakenly refers to the planet as "Cicarpous V".
- Tales of the Jedi (audio) (Mentioned only)
- The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance (Mentioned only)
- Episode I Adventures 7: Capture Arawynne (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic 18: Emissaries to Malastare, Part 6 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies" (Mentioned only)
- The Clone Wars: Wild Space (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars 7: In Service of the Republic, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Dark Times: Parallels
- Star Wars: Dark Times 31: A Spark Remains, Part 4 (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rebellion (Mentioned only) (as "Cicarpous V")
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye (First appearance)
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye comic
- Vader Adrift (Mentioned only)
- The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader (Appears in flashback(s))
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic I: Remnant (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Official Poster Monthly 10
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Star Wars: Chronicles
- Anakin Skywalker: The Story of Darth Vader
- ComicScan: 20 Tales to Tantalize – Star Wars Galaxy Collector 5
- The Essential Chronology
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Alien Anthology
- The New Essential Chronology
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 21 (SKY10, Luke Skywalker)
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 21
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 35
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- "Rogues Gallery: Clearance for Immediate Launch"—Star Wars Insider 146
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 315 ("Mimban (Circarpous V)")
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars 7: In Service of the Republic, Part 1
- ↑ Star Wars: Dark Times: Parallels (TPB)