Like the PLX-1 portable missile launcher, the MiniMag shoulder-launched proton torpedo launcher's firing chamber was specifically designed for proton torpedoes (hence the acronym), though it was capable of firing other ordnance. Unlike the PLX, however, the PTL did not support multiple firing settings or launch torpedoes in the 'smart' Gravity-Activated Mode. The PTL had a capacity for seven missiles.
Produced by Krupx Munitions before the Clone Wars, the MiniMag remained in production for many decades. It was used by the Grand Army of the Republic during the aformentioned conflict. A pair of MiniMags were used by the Republic-backed Upland Liberation Front during the concurrent Summertime War on the planet Haruun Kal. They were also carried by Imperial shock troopers and Imperial Marines during the Galactic Civil War.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Battlefront (First pictured)
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- Shatterpoint (First appearance)
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
- Star Wars Battlefront: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Battlefront II: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (as "MiniMag")
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide