The miniature proton torpedo launcher was a portable missile launcher that fired miniaturized proton torpedoes. It was originally designed as an integrated weapon for the Zero-G assault stormtroopers of the Galactic Empire. The launcher was fitted into the Zero-G stormtrooper's left gauntlet which enabled them to rip through the hull of a starship in boarding missions. However, Rebel engineers adapted the weapon into a portable shoulder-mounted launcher.
Though not as powerful as the proton torpedoes fired from starship launchers, the miniature proton torpedo launcher was still a devastating weapon, dealing collateral damage to any targets within 3 meters of the primary blast radius. The miniature proton torpedo launcher could also be switched to an anti-vehicle mode. In this mode, the weapon would deal twice the damage but would only be able to attack very large targets such as tanks and starfighters.
The miniature proton torpedo launcher weighed 8 kilograms and was able to fire 4 miniature proton torpedoes before needing to be reloaded. The weapon cost 1,500 credits and was available for military use only.
- Scoundrel's Luck (As "miniature proton torpedo hurler")
- Jedi's Honor (As "miniature proton torpedo hurler")
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles (As "personal proton torpedo launcher")
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition (As "personal proton torpedo launcher")
- Wanted by Cracken (As "mini-proton torpedo launcher")
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles, Second Edition (As "personal proton torpedo launcher")
- The Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- "Outlaw Battle Armor"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide