- "So you're part of the Mining Guild, then?"
"No, not actually. Our operation is small enough not to be noticed, which is advantageous for everybody since our customers are anxious to avoid attracting attention to themselves."
- ―Leia Organa and Lando Calrissian, regarding Cloud City
The Mining Guild was a network of miners operating in concert with the Galactic Empire, that harvested natural resources throughout the galaxy. Thanks to its association with the Empire, the Guild was allowed to use a special variant of the Imperial TIE fighter.
In 3 BBY, the Guild notably ran an Asteroid Belt Gas Refinery located on a small planetoid, where they extracted Clouzon-36 gas. However, that facility was discovered by the Spectres, a crew of anti-Empire freedom fighters, who stole its fuel for the rebellion and destroyed the complex. Despite the loss of that Clouzon-36 refinery, the Mining Guild remained powerful.
The Mining Guild regularly patrolled the Sereeda Waypoint, a hyperspace waypoint located in their claims territory. In 2 BBY, the Spectres once again clashed with the Guild, this time in the Sereeda, as they had to momentarily come out of hyperspace there and recalculate their jump. The Guild deployed two TIEs and demanded the rebels pay the hyperspace toll, however the Spectres destroyed the fighters and jumped back into hyperspace.
The Mining Guild, as part of the Galactic Empire, purchased TIE fighters modified with a yellow color scheme and 2 notches out of the wings. The Mining Guild also used Aurore-class freighters.
- A New Dawn (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Call" (First pictured)
- Star Wars Rebels: Strike Missions
- Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow
- Princess Leia, Part III (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Uprising (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A New Dawn
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow
- ↑ Princess Leia, Part III
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2
- ↑ The events at the Asteroid Belt Gas Refinery take place in "The Call" which is after "A Princess on Lothal," which is the first known episode to take place in the third year before the Battle of Yavin. As such, we can deduce that this event takes place in the third year before the Battle of Yavin. For more information, see Wookieepedia's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "The Call"
- ↑ The events at the Sereeda Waypoint take place in Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow, which is the first known episode to take place in the second year before the Battle of Yavin. As such, we can deduce that this event takes place in the second year before the Battle of Yavin. For more information, see Wookieepedia's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back