The Mining Guild was one of the many galactic corporate entities operating during the time of the Galactic Republic. It survived the fall of the commerce guilds during the Clone Wars and continued into the Galactic Civil War.
- "I'm not interested in the petty squabbles of your Mining Guild. Lord Vader wants results!"
- ―Namman Cha
The Mining Guild was originally founded in the early days of space exploration, predating even the formation of the Republic. It was thought that the Guild was established in the Core Worlds, and though a specific homeworld did not come to light Koros Major was one of their strongholds, because of its abundance of Carbonite, so valuable in the early space travel. Eventually the Guild was based on Coruscant during the rule of the Galactic Republic. The Mining Guild grew into one of the many quasi-political corporate entities represented in the Republic, alongside the Trade Federation and the Techno Union. They often were engaged in confrontations with rival company Exargan Mining Authority that were settled through the courts.
The Guild dominated operations on billions of young, metal-rich worlds scattered throughout the galaxy's spiral arms and mined resources there extensively. It was on one of these anonymous planets that Zam Wesell gained her Koro-2 Exodrive airspeeder, subsequently using it far from the wastelands of these worlds, where there was a lack of complex lifeforms that could be hurt by the more noxious gases produced by the miners' vehicles.
The Mining Guild was fortunate enough to survive the Clone Wars, and expanded with the formation of the Galactic Empire. Emperor Palpatine ensured the officials of the Mining Guild allied themselves with his Empire, to solidify his sources of raw materials for the Imperial war machine while still keeping the Guild itself independent. The Imperial regime seemed to have adverse effects on the Mining Guild, since, during the Civil War, it did not appear to enforce its policies quite as well as it should—small operations such as Lando Calrissian's Cloud City on Bespin remained unnoticed by the Guild.
Thanks to its independence from the Empire, the Mining Guild remained in operation when the New Republic supplanted Palpatine's regime, and operated as a trade union regulating the supply of ore to both sides of the Galactic Civil War. The Guild rose to a new level of power under the Republic, and began to command high prices for the ores its members delivered, in some cases negotiating local truces between Imperial and Republic forces. During this time, many of its members engaged in smuggling and other black market activities for the benefit of both themselves individually and the Guild.
- Emily Janse - Officer
- Annora Calandra - Auditor
- Jinjur Tomas - Recruiter
- Derel Volk
- Forma - Captain
- Mining Guild elders
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith
- Outbound Flight
- "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 15:01:13"—Star Wars Insider 73 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rebellion (Mentioned only)
- A Bad Feeling: The Tale of EV-9D9 (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back junior novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back novel (First mentioned)
- Star Wars 43: The Empire Strikes Back: Betrayal at Bespin (Mentioned only)
- Crimson Empire II: Council of Blood
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back (As "Imperial Mining Guild")
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Second Edition
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays
- Pirates & Privateers
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections
- Galactic Campaign Guide
- Handbook 2: Crimson Empire
- Lords of the Expanse
- Pirates & Privateers
- Player's Guide to Tapani
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 24
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Strongholds of Resistance