C. 529 BBY, Outer Rim Oreworks sent mining droids to fully automate their mine ORO Mining Station LM0228 in Lamaredd. Administrator Guther Bartyn reprogrammed these droids and used them for other purposes, including fish processing and city building; but he later returned them to the mines. Five centuries later, the droids were still active in the mine and, when their habitat was invaded by Menahuuns, they simply continued with their work.
Mining droid modelsEdit
- 11-17-series mining droid
- Boss miner droid
- DLC-13 mining droid
- Excavator droid Mark I
- Excavator droid Mark II
- KM1 mining droid
- Mining droid Mark II
- MK3 mining droid
- Polis Massa mining droid
- Q-4 borer droid
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Reckonings"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Droids: The Kalarba Adventures 6
- Death in the Undercity
- X-wing: The Krytos Trap (Mentioned only)
- The Lost Prince
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- Bartyn's Landing"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 53