|Ministry of Defense|
| General information
- "Order, order!! This meeting of the Defense Committee will come to order! Thank you. Now, you're all aware of the trouble on the planet Onderon. But I'm afraid it's much worse than we suspected."
- ―A meeting of the Defense Ministry during the Freedon Nadd Uprising
The Ministry of Defense, also referred to as the Defense Committee, was the agency responsible for oversight of the Republic Military and was headed by the Minister of Defense. It was dissolved during the Ruusan Reformation, along with its Minister.
During the Great Sith War, Netus was its head. During the Mandalorian Wars, Koa Delko was Minister and Catronus Steffans was Director for Public Information. Admiral Saul Karath and his forces was given information from the Defense Ministry that Mandalorian forces were going to invade the Ottega system. After arriving, however, the Mandalorian forces disappeared and it was revealed that it had been a trick made by Zayne Carrick along with Cassus Fett in order for Karath to aid the Jedi in defeating the Crucible.
- Tales of the Jedi (audio)
- Tales of the Jedi: The Freedon Nadd Uprising (First appearance)
- Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War 2: The Battle of Coruscant
- The Taris Holofeed: Prime Edition
- The Admiral's List: Jimas Veltraa Memorial Edition
- Galactic Republic Defense Ministry Daily Brief KD0092
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 44: The Reaping, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 47: Demon, Part 1
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 49: Demon, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: War 3 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Knight Errant: Influx (Mentioned only)
- Knight Errant novel (Mentioned only)