Rey, who had come to the island to seek Luke Skywalker's help in the fight against the First Order, found the cave after it began calling to her through the Force. She entered the cave through a gaping hole in the ceiling, covered in black vines, but fell through to an underground lake. Upon reaching the wall of the cave, Rey began to see herself mirrored many times over. She placed her hand up to the mirrored surface, hoping to find an answer to her past. Two dark figures appeared and morphed into one. The surface unfogged and displayed the face of Rey. Distraught that she was unable to find any information about her parents here, Rey left the cave defeated.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 2 (Indirect mention only)
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 3
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Mirror cave)