Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Luminara Unduli: "Ventress."
- Aayla Secura: "We should have known this was your mess."
- Asajj Ventress: "Not mine. But I am here to clean up any "loose ends". I think I'll start by killing you."
- ―Luminara Undulli and Aayla Secura confronting Asajj Ventress.[src]
The Mission to Alzoc III was a mission to the planet Alzoc III given to Luminara Unduli and Aayla Secura during the Clone Wars. The Separatist leader Count Dooku had set up a trap for the Republic forces with his assassin Asajj Ventress.
During the Clone Wars, the planet was considered to be in the territory controlled by a Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure. During the Battle of Ryloth, Alzoc III temporarily became a point of interest for both sides of the conflict. The bounty hunter Cad Bane had stolen the Gravitic Core of a new Separatist superweapon in orbit above the planet, leaving the Munificent-class star frigate that was carrying it to be hit by an explosion. The frigate crashed on Alzoc, where the gravitic technology had created a gravity anomaly, causing the wreckage to float in the air near the crash site alongside ice debris. Shortly thereafter, Jabba had informed the Galactic Republic of the CIS activity near the planet, hoping to punish the Separatist for passing through his territory without payment. The Jedi High Council had dispatched Jedi Masters Aayla Secura and Luminara Unduli to investigate the report.
Accompanied by a detachment of Grand Army of the Republic led by clone marshal commander CC-5052 and clone trooper commander CC-1004, two Jedi had arrived at Alzoc, dispatching several All Terrain Tactical Enforcers to the planet's surface. However, by that time the crash site was already visited by a Confederate assassin Asajj Ventress, the Dark Acolyte of Count Dooku. In order to keep the new gravitic weapon a secret, Dooku ordered his agent to destroy any evidence of the incident and allow no witness to be left alive. When the Republic forces arrived at the crash cite, both Jedi and the clone troopers were stunned by the view of a huge masses of ice and numerous starship parts floating freely in the air and decided to investigate. They were engaged by many battle droids stationed on the frigate, who survived the crash relatively intact and now viewed the Republic forces as hostile. On their way to what remained of the frigate's central computer, the Jedi were ambushed by the Dathomirian assassin. After a brief duel, two Jedi Masters have overpowered the Dark Acolyte, trapping her under the bulk of ice. After finding the ship's computer, the Republic forces were able to uncover the record of the ship's last moments, learning about the existence of the gravitic weapon.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes (First appearance)
- The Clone Wars: Jedi Heroes (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 45
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
- ↑ "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 14:4:14"—Star Wars Insider 67
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion