- "Leia? You keep fighting on the inside, I'll keep fighting on the outside."
"I hope one day we can fight together."
- ―Sabine Wren and Leia Organa
During the early rebellion against the Galactic Empire, Senator Princess Leia Organa traveled to the planet Garel with a data-tape holding information on the whereabouts of bases held by the Empire as a part of a mission to aide the rebel Spectres group in their fight against the Empire. Slipping past her Imperial escorts, Organa was able to contact Spectres member Sabine Wren and led her to the tape's location. Upon retrieving it, however, the pair were attacked by the droid bounty hunter IG-88, who was also after the data-tape. After a brief skirmish with the droid, Organa escape back to her stormtrooper escort. IG-88 attempted to fight the stormtroopers but was outnumbered, and so the droid retreated. Afterwards, Wren left with the data-tapes while the Empire remained unaware of Organa's rebel allegiances.
- "I had to hide it though so the Imperials don't know I'm working for the rebellion."
- ―Leia Organa discusses her being a double-agent
During the early rebellion against the Galactic Empire, Princess Leia Organa, a senator within the Galactic Empire, joined the rebel network. Organa's involvement eventually led to her securing information regarding the location of Imperial bases within a data-tape. After making contact with the rebel Spectres cell, Organa agreed to hand over the tapes on the planet Garel in Garel City. Rather than carrying the data-tape with her, Organa instead hid the tape somewhere in the Garel City Spaceport.
- "What is that?"
"IG-88. An actual bounty hunter. Also, probably interested in your data tape."
- ―Leia Organa and Sabine Wren
While waiting for her rebel contact, Organa traversed the Garel spaceport under the protection of an Imperial stormtrooper escort. While walking through the spaceport, Organa's group were ambushed by a female in Mandalorian armor. The stromtroopers were splattered with paint from a paint bomb and Organa was lassoed and dragged away by the Mandalorian figure, whom the stormtroopers believed to be a bounty hunter. A bay door closed behind Organa, after which the Mandalorian introduced herself as Sabine Wren, a member of the Spectres. The kidnapping was nothing more than a ploy to separate Organa from her escort so that the acquisition of the data-tape could commence. Meanwhile, the stromtroopers used an arc welder to begin cutting through the door, as its controls had been destroyed during the kidnapping.
Organa led Wren to the tape's location, but upon retrieving it the pair was attacked by the droid bounty hunter IG-88, who had apparently taken an interest in the data-tape after following the pair through the spaceport. Wren used another paint bomb to create a distraction, and Organa and Wren escaped back to where the stormtroopers were just finishing cutting through the door. Wren hid, and Organa pointed out IG-88 as her aggressor. The stormtroopers opened fire and forced IG-88 to retreat.
Wren and Organa rendezvoused elsewhere, and Organa handed the data-tape to Wren. After offering words of encouragement to each other, the two parted ways, the mission a success.
- "I don't know what you're talking about. I am a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan—"
"You are a part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor. Take her away!"
- ―Leia Organa and Darth Vader
IG-88 survived the ordeal and continued working as a bounty hunter. Meanwhile, Organa resumed her role as an Imperial senator until the Imperial Senate's dissolution in 0 BBY, after which her role as a rebel was exposed.
Behind the scenesEdit
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Bounty of Trouble"
- ↑ Leia, Princess of Alderaan
- ↑ Leia, Princess of Alderaan establishes that Leia did not join the rebellion until she was 16 years old. Since she was born in 19 BBY, we can deduce that this incident took place in 3 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope