- "We've learned that Dooku has hired the Zeltron bounty hunter, Vianna D'Pow, to carry out the mission. Stay sharp, Obi-Wan. I've been on the other end of her blaster more times than I like to remember."
- ―Mace Windu, relaying information to Obi-Wan Kenobi
Around the first year of the Clone Wars, Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi was sent on a mission to the planet Kamino to stop a Confederate plan that involved taking the bounty hunter Jango Fett's cloning DNA template. Unbeknownst to Kenobi, the Sith Lord Count Dooku hired the Zeltron Vianna D'Pow to carry out the plan, and the bounty hunter had arrived on Kamino before Kenobi. When Jedi Master Mace Windu told Kenobi of whom Dooku hired for the plan via hologram, D'Pow revealed herself to Kenobi. D'Pow, who had the DNA template in her possession, killed two clone troopers who stood near Kenobi before departing. The Jedi Knight raced after D'Pow, who was trying to escape. After a confrontation between the two, the bounty hunter fled aboard her speeder, but she lost possession of the DNA template while fighting Kenobi, who recovered it.
- "She met with me to place an order for one solitary clone… a clone of herself."
- ―Lama Su, to Obi-Wan Kenobi
Around 22 BBY, during the Clone Wars, the Sith Lord Count Dooku created a plan to steal the bounty hunter Jango Fett's cloning DNA template, an item that was being used to create the Republic's Grand Army on the planet Kamino. To carry out the plan, Dooku hired the Zeltron bounty hunter Vianna D'Pow. After landing on Kamino, D'Pow found the DNA template vial in Tipoca City and took the item without attracting attention. D'Pow also met with Kamino's Prime Minister, Lama Su, and requested a clone of herself because she felt lonely. Su, who did not realize that D'Pow stole Fett's DNA template, authorized the order.
- "It is good to see you again, Master Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi. I trust the clone armies are satisfactory thus far?"
"They play their part well, thank you. And it is the clones, or rather, the original host that brings me here."
"The bounty hunter, Jango Fett."
"More specifically, his genetic material."
- ―Lama Su, greeting Kenobi, after the latter arrived on Kamino
After the Jedi learned about the Confederate plan to steal Fett's DNA template, Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi was dispatched to Kamino alongside a group of clone troopers. After Kenobi landed on Kamino, Su greeted the Jedi Knight, eager to know if the Republic's Grand Army had been satisfactory since their deployment. Kenobi, however, began to reveal the Jedi's knowledge of the Confederate plan to the Prime Minister. Shortly thereafter, Kenobi answered a holographic transmission from Jedi Master Mace Windu, who revealed that Dooku had hired D'Pow to carry out the plan of stealing Fett's DNA template.
As Kenobi and Windu conferred, D'Pow revealed herself from a nearby hallway and attacked two clone troopers who stood near Kenobi. After killing the two soldiers, D'Pow took out the DNA template vial and showed Kenobi before running outside the building. Su tried to stop Kenobi from chasing D'Pow, although to no avail. Outside, the Zeltron jumped onto a flying Aiwha to escape from the pursuing Kenobi, although the Jedi Knight, likewise, leapt onto the same creature. As Kenobi utilized his lightsaber to stop her, D'Pow took out her blaster pistol and shock whip, and a fight between the two broke out. When the Aiwha dived into the ocean, Kenobi and D'Pow lost their weaponry and began to engage each other in hand-to-hand combat. D'Pow, however, escaped after she pressed a button on her utility belt, which activated her speeder. Though she fled aboard her speeder, the Jedi Knight had recovered the stolen DNA template during their fight in the water and displayed the vial to the departing D'Pow.
Kenobi returned to Su, who was inside the building. When the Prime Minister told the Jedi Knight that he tried to stop him from chasing D'Pow, Kenobi questioned his actions. Su revealed that D'Pow had met with him because she wanted a clone of herself. He was not sure if he should cancel the order, but Kenobi wanted Su to fulfill the order for D'Pow, since it would help ease her feelings of loneliness.
Behind the scenesEdit
This mission to Kamino first appeared in "One of a Kind," a comic that was published in the eighth volume of the the Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures comic series. One of a Kind, and the eighth volume, were published in October 2007. In 2008, the mission was mentioned in Vianna D'Pow's entry in the The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("D'Pow, Vianna")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 "One of a Kind" - Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 8
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The second page of the comic states that all the comics within Volume 8, including One of a Kind, took place sometime during the Clone Wars, and the chronological order of these comics are not known. Because of Obi-Wan Kenobi's hair and clothing, as well as the dialogue about Mace Windu's previous encounter with Vianna D'Pow, this article assumes that the mission took place around 22 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("D'Pow, Vianna")