- "This is a precision job. Thermal vault will be on the lowest level. Down where it's warm. The only way we're going to pull this off if everybody plays their parts. Stick to the plan. Do not improvise...Alright people, time to shine."
- ―Tobias Beckett to his crew
The raid on Kessel was an operation undertaken in 10 BBY by the criminal Tobias Beckett and his outlaw crew when they traveled to the spice mines of Kessel in an attempt to retrieve raw coaxium for the crime lord Dryden Vos of the Crimson Dawn crime syndicate. The crew was able to succesfully complete the mission and evaded Imperial forces that pursued them after the theft. As a result of the Imperial pursuit, Han Solo found a shortcut through the Akkadese Maelstrom and completed the Kessel Run in between twelve and thirteen parsecs, breaking the previous record.
Behind the scenesEdit
The skirmish between the Millennium Falcon and the Galactic Empire was first seen in the first teaser trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story on February 5, 2018. The moment in which the Millennium Falcon completes the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs, was first mentioned in the 1977 original Star Wars film Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Meet the Crew (Indirect mention only)
- (First pictured)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Han on the Run
- (First identified as raid on Kessel)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ The timeline provided in Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide places Han Solo's Kessel Run nine years after the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. As that film takes place in 19 BBY, we can deduce that the mission to Kessel and the subsequent Kessel Run took place in 10 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope