The Mission to Morishim was organized by Admiral Gilad Pellaeon in 19 ABY. Imperial Colonel Meizh Vermel was sent to Morishim to seek out New Republic General Bel Iblis to ask for peace negotiations. His CR90 corvette was captured by the Star Destroyer Relentless before his message could be heard properly.
- "It's time to send an emissary to the New Republic. To discuss the terms of our surrender."
- ―Admiral Gilad Pellaeon to Captain Ardiff
On the planet Morishim, Lando Calrissian and Rogue Squadron pilots Wedge Antilles, Tycho Celchu, and Wes Janson discovered an Imperial spy and a communications center in a cave of the High Tatmana. Their attention was quickly redirected when Antilles noticed that the sensor station showed an Imperial corvette entering the system, soon joined by a Imperial-class Star Destroyer. Captain Dorja's Relentless was sent by Moff Disra to capture the corvette before Colonel Vermel could transmit its message to the New Republic.
- "Pulled it into the bay and took straight off."
- ―Wedge Antilles
The three Rogue Squadron pilots and Calrissian reported the contact to the base, which mustered its own starfighters. With the other starfighters of the Morishim base behind them and General Bel Iblis' Peregrine on the other side of the planet, the three X-wings and Calrissian's luxury yacht, the Lady Luck were the first line of defense. They soon realized that the Relentless was firing upon and jamming the corvette, and they moved to run interference for the ship, which they guessed to be attempting a defection. Once the corvette was disabled and tractored, Antilles gave up and backed his group out of range. He followed Calrissian's suggestion to dilute the Imperial jamming, allowing them to record fragments of the corvette's broadcast that were sent in for analysis.
- "No one's going to pay many attention to the incident over Morishim."
- ―Major Tierce to Moff Disra
Vermel remained imprisoned until Pellaeon discovered that his ship had been captured by Imperial forces. Despite Disra's efforts, Leia Organa Solo was able to learn of Pellaeon's plans, and met the Admiral at Pesitiin, establishing the preliminary diplomatic groundwork for what eventually became the Pellaeon–Gavrisom Treaty.
- Specter of the Past (First appearance)
- The Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, II, III ("Dorja, Captain," "Morishim," "Vermel, Colonel Meizh")
- The Essential Reader's Companion