- "The Chosen One is a myth."
"Is it? I should very much like to know. Why don't we find out together? Pass one test and I shall know the truth and you and your friends may leave."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and the Father
During the Clone Wars, a trio of Jedi—Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, and Padawan Ahsoka Tano—unintentionally undertook a mission to the realm of Mortis. The Jedi were investigating a two thousand year old distress code when they were brought to Mortis by three powerful Force wielders: the Father, the Daughter, and the Son.
These beings were representations of different aspects of the Force and believed that Skywalker was the Chosen One who would bring balance to the Force. The Father, who hoped that Skywalker would keep the balance between the Daughter and the Son—representations of the light side and the dark side, respectively—put him through a number of trials to test whether he was the Chosen One. During these trials, Skywalker encountered the spirit of the late Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, and he saw a vision of his future as the Sith Lord Darth Vader; the vision of the future was later erased from his memory. These trials confirmed that Skywalker was the Chosen One, resulted in the deaths of all three Force wielders, and brought balance to Mortis. When the Jedi left Mortis, they found that no time had passed in the galaxy while they were in the mysterious realm.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Overlords" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Altar of Mortis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ghosts of Mortis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices" (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Overlords"
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ghosts of Mortis"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Altar of Mortis"