In the aftermath of their disastrous duel with Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi on Florrum and a skirmish with pirate leader Hondo Ohnaka and his pirate gang, Darth Maul and Savage Opress managed to flee the destruction of their ship in an escape pod. The two, minus one cybernetic leg and an arm respectively, soon lost consciousness in the pod.
Later, the Death Watch found the pod and cut a hole to get inside. Pre Vizsla and Bo-Katan entered to find the two brothers. Vizsla found Maul's lightsaber and then had the two taken away for treatment.
When Maul awoke, Vizsla asked what the two were. Maul stated they were Sith Lords, and when Vizsla asked if the two worked for Count Dooku, Maul stated that they served no one and that the two were brothers, the true lords of the Sith. When he said that their ship had been destroyed by Kenobi, Vizsla and Maul concluded the two had a common enemy. The two then allied with each other and began to plot taking Mandalore for themselves. First, however, they were to rally the Black Sun on Mustafar.
Upon their arrival on Mustafar, Maul, Opress, Vizsla, Bo-Katan and other Death Watch soldiers met with Ziton Moj who took them inside the facility to meet with Xomit Grunseit. Moj believed that Maul and his allies would have no chance in successfully recruiting Grunseit. Maul attempted to rally Grunseit to his cause, which Opress enforced by killing a Falleen guard, but Grunseit refused to ally with Maul and mocked him as well as his allies, so he was killed by Opress, who hurled his lightsaber from across a table, which also killed Grunseit's four other leaders.
Following Grunseit's death, Ziton Moj willingly joined Maul's new army. The Black Sun foot soldiers at his disposal were absorbed into the Maul's alliance. They would prove instrumental for the sub sequential takeover and battle of Sundari sometime after the mission.
- The Clone Wars: Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival"
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 3.20 3.21 3.22 3.23 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- ↑ The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 44 (20 BBY 47–50, Maul on Mandalore)
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"