- "This is Mon Mothma. I have an assignment for you. The Rebellion needs you and we don’t have much time. You must work together. You must not fail. In disguise, your team's mission is to recover Imperial intelligence critical to our survival."
- ―Mon Mothma
A mission to Mustafar was undertaken by members of the Alliance to Restore the Republic during its early rebellion against the Galactic Empire. A team of Rebels, disguised as stormtroopers, infiltrated an Imperial facility on the volcanic planet alongside the reprogrammed Imperial droid K-2SO. Their objective was to recover Imperial intelligence that, according to the Alliance's leader, Mon Mothma, was critical to the survival of the Rebellion.
- Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Mon Mothma became actively involved in what became the Alliance to Restore the Republic after the skirmish in the Archeon Nebula in 2 BBY, which took place in the Star Wars Rebels episode "Secret Cargo," placing the events of Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire after those events. The inclusion of K-2SO means that this event takes place prior to the Battle of Scarif in 0 BBY, in which the droid was killed.
- ↑ The Battle of Scarif marks the formal outbreak of the Galactic Civil War. Previous battles between the Alliance to Restore the Republic and the Galactic Empire were part of an Early rebellion against the Galactic Empire. Per the previous reference note, we can place the events of this mission within that time period.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7