|Mission to Serenno|
Failure; Dooku survives
- "What sorcery is this?"
- ―Darth Tyranus
A mission took place in 21 BBY on Serenno after Darth Sidious ordered his apprentice, Darth Tyranus, to kill Asajj Ventress. After Ventress survived Dooku's assassination attempt, she sought revenge by going to her fellow Nightsisters for aid. Taking Karis and Naa'leth to Serenno, Ventress attempted to assassinate Tyranus, but the Sith Lord repelled the attack, defeating his assailants.
- "I will not need my eyes to see you, Jedi!"
- ―Dooku, mistaking the assailants to be Jedi before attacking them
Asajj Ventress and her two Nightsisters became invisible and infiltrated Tyranus's palace. Ventress shot a poison dart into Tyranus's neck that blinded him, although he could still sense them through the Force and mistook them as Jedi. Ventress attacked Dooku with a lightsaber, beginning their duel in the Count's bedroom and eventually leading into his office. Ventress, who had managed to stay disguised during the entire confrontation, managed to disarm the Sith Lord and was about to strike the killing blow, but Tyranus defended himself by striking Ventress and her accomplices with Force lightning, throwing them out the window and over a cliff, ending the attack. However, the three Nightsisters survived and returned to Dathomir.
- "Where one sees failure, others see opportunity."
- ―Mother Talzin
Due to his attackers' use of Jedi lightsabers, Tyranus mistakenly believed that the Jedi had tried to assassinate him. Wishing to protect himself, he sought a new apprentice to replace Ventress (whom he erroneously believed to be dead).
Given the failure of their direct attempt to kill Tyranus, the Nightsisters developed a new plot to kill the Sith Lord using a double agent. To arrange the plan, Mother Talzin contacted Tyranus, offering to provide one of the Nightbrothers to be his new assassin. Tyranus, seeing this as an opportunity to get the new apprentice he desired, agreed. After selecting Savage Opress to be their pawn, Talzin presented the hulking Zabrak to Tyranus, who was pleased with his new warrior, unaware of his true loyalties.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Monster" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Three
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Monster"
- ↑ The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 7 (KAT1–2, King Katuunko) dates "Senate Murders" to 21 BBY, while The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 45 (20 BBY 15–18, The Citadel) dates "The Citadel" to 21 BBY in-text (the 20 BBY in the section title is assumed to be an error). Since places "Nightsisters" between those two episodes, it can be concluded that "Nightsisters" also takes place in 21 BBY.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 StarWars.com (content now obsolete; backup link on Archive.org) The Clone Wars Episode Guide: Nightsisters on