- "Is there anything in the cosmos more beautiful than the purple night sky of Talay? There won't be any more stargazing for the massacred inhabitants of this TAK Base. The place is destroyed, and scorched bodies litter the ruins. The Empire's new weapon is clearly far beyond the experimental stage. Unfortunately, as Jan Ors drops me inside the darkened base, there are many more questions than answers. And where do I start when I don't even know what I'm looking for?"
- ―Kyle Katarn
Kyle Katarn undertook a mission to Talay, a planet in the Mid Rim, after the Rebel Tak Base was annihilated by an as-yet-unknown force. After completing the mission, the Rebel Alliance discovered the Empire's Dark Trooper Project was responsible for the massacre.
- "This looks like it could be a normal Imperial attack…except for those sounds."
- ―Kyle Katarn, after listening to the report of the attack
After the attack on Tak Base, where the existence of a never-before-seen kind of Imperial super-soldiers was witnessed, mercenary Kyle Katarn was contacted again by Mon Mothma to investigate what happened to the Tak Base.
Leia Organa mistrusted Katarn, but Mon Mothma insisted because of his efficiency during the Mission to Danuta and Operation Skyhook. Katarn demanded that he would be accompanied by Jan Ors, his old friend.
When the Moldy Crow left Katarn on the surface, he first saw the ruined base, along with the ruins of the city settlements; the ground was scattered with dead burnt bodies, the result of the massacre. The whole city was now "inhabited" by stormtroopers who secured the place.
Initially, he saw that the whole area was devoid of power. Defending himself from the stormtroopers, he managed to reach and restart the hydro-electric power generator.
With power now activated, he was able to activate the rotating bridge which connected the city with the main Tak Base. The Base was far more heavily guarded, but Katarn reached the headquarters and found a discarded Imperial Repeater Rifle, too large to be carried by a normal Human soldier. Considering this finding important, he took it and returned to his ship.
Behind the scenesEdit
After the Moldy Crow disappears from Katarn's view, using cheat codes, the ship can be found behind the wall it passes over, however it is found as an extremely miniature version of itself.
- Star Wars: Dark Forces (First appearance)
- Dark Forces: Official Player's Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Galactic Ambitions (Card: Mission to Talay)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Star Wars: Dark Forces
- ↑ "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6 places the outbreak of the Candorian plague on Dentaal on 36:2:12, which falls in 0 ABY. The Official Star Wars Fact File 130 (MAD2-3, General Crix Madine) tie together the events of Star Wars: Dark Forces and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, and Madine's own recollections in Darksaber as follows: upon learning of the Dark Trooper Project, Madine alerts the Rebel Alliance to the project's existence, thus starting the events of Dark Forces. Shortly afterwards, Madine is ordered to release the Candorian plague on Dentaal, an event which is dated to 36:2:12 per the Adventure Journal. Madine vanishes into the wilderness shortly afterwards, spending a week in the jungles of Dentaal before escaping and fleeing the planet—only to be captured almost immediately by General Rom Mohc and imprisoned on Orinackra. Kyle Katarn then frees Madine from Orinackra, and Madine is then involved in the battle at Corellia. The New Essential Chronology states that only a short amount of time passed between Madine telling the Alliance about the Dark Troopers and his defection. The length of time Madine spends on the run places his capture and imprisonment on Orinackra firmly in the month 36:3, or the first month of 1 ABY. Therefore, the events of Dark Forces prior to the mission to Orinackra fall in 0 ABY, and the remainder of the game and the battle at Corellia both occur in 1 ABY.