- "Vital medical supplies are being hoarded off-world at a Cartel Den. For this mission, and some others, heroes of the Rebellion will assist you."
- ―Leia Organa gives the mission details to Saponza and his partner
The Alliance to Restore the Republic asked a gang of mercenaries to aid them on a mission to recover medical supplies from a Hutt Clan den on the planet Dandoran during the Galactic Civil War. Upon reaching the den they discovered it was protected by a deflector shield generator, which the smuggler Han Solo disabled. Solo and a group of Rebel troopers were then able to destroy the den and successfully recovered the supplies.
- "I am Princess Leia Organa of the Rebel Alliance. I do hope you haven't been fooled by the Empire's propaganda."
- ―Organa contacts the mercenaries
At some point between the Battle of Yavin and the Battle of Hoth during the Galactic Civil War between the Alliance to Restore the Republic and the Galactic Empire, the mercenary Saponza returned to his homestead on the planet Tatooine where he formed a gang with an old friend. Shortly after the pair's reunion, the homestead was attacked by several outlaws working for the crime lord Jabba the Hutt. The mercenaries managed to kill the attackers, angering Jabba in the process. Saponza and his partner then aided the Empire in attacking a nearby Tusken Raider camp. Following the successful destruction of the camp, the Sith Lord Darth Vader gave the mercenaries and offer of allegiance.
- "The name's Han Solo, maybe you've heard of me? Looks like they've got a shield generator. Get me into the fight and I'll handle it."
- ―Han Solo offers his services during the mission
Upon arriving at the den, the mercenaries and Rebels discovered that a deflector shield generator protected the Clan's property. The Rebel and smuggler Han Solo and a group of ten Rebel troopers then passed through the shield and destroyed the generator, allowing two starfighters to attack the den and destroy it and the two autoturrets defending it. During the mission the Rebels managed to recover the medical supplies they need.
- "The Rebellion thanks you. I hope you'll join us in our battle against the Empire."
- ―Organa thanks the mercenaries for their help
Following the recovery of the supplies, Organa thanked the mercenaries and asked that they considered joining the Rebel cause. When Saponza and his partner returned to Tatooine, they discovered that their homestead had been destroyed by Jabba's men while the mercenaries were away. The pair then decided it was time to ally with with the Rebellion so that their new friends could help defend them from the Hutt's wrath.
Behind the scenesEdit
The mission first appeared in Star Wars: Commander, a mobile strategy game released in 2014 by Disney Interactive. The attack acts as part of the game's tutorial and always has the same outcome. Shortly after the battle players must chose to either side with the Empire or the Alliance.
- Star Wars: Commander (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 Star Wars: Commander, chapter 1
- ↑ In Kekit's Databank entry, it is stated that Saponza and his partner played an integral part in the campaign that liberated a Jawa clan from the Tusken Raiders. It also states that the plan was orchestrated by Jennica Pierce of the Rebel Alliance. This scenario does not occur if the player aligns with the Empire, so it can be deduced that Saponza's gang joined the Rebellion.