- "You and your crew have proven invaluable to our fleet, Captain Syndulla. The fuel acquired in your convoy attacks has helped keep us one step ahead of Imperial patrols."
"Thank you, Commander Sato. I'm just sorry our intel about shield generators being on that shipment was wrong."
- ―Commander Jun Sato and Hera Syndulla
Commander Jun Sato led a rebel mission to steal shield generators from an Imperial convoy. One of his blockade runners and two pilots from Phoenix Squadron distracted the convoy's TIE escorts and the three freighters while the Spectres attacked the main ship to knock the cargo into space. Hera Syndulla then piloted the Ghost to capture the cargo. Two Arquitens-class light cruisers then arrived to fire on the rebels. Commander Sato ordered a retreat after the blockade runner's shields were disabled. Syndulla captured the cargo and the rebels fled into hyperspace. When they rendezvoused later, they discovered that although the cargo held vital supplies, it did not have shield generators as their intelligence suggested.
Following the Rescue of Kanan Jarrus, the Spectres learned that they were part of a larger network of rebel cells. One of the group's leaders Captain Hera Syndulla had withheld this information from her fellow rebels in order to prevent the Galactic Empire from learning about the rebellion. However, the enigmatic rebel leader "Fulcrum" ordered a change in policy in the light of Kanan's rescue. After learning that "Fulcrum" was the former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano, the Spectres agreed to help the Phoenix Cell, which had rescued them from Imperial forces in the Mustafar system.
After receiving intelligence about an Imperial convoy carrying deflector shield generators, the Spectres helped the Phoenix Squadron to attack the convoy. Besides the Spectres' starship Ghost, other rebel forces involved in this raid included Phoenix Squadron and Commander Jun Sato's CR90 corvette. While heading towards an Imperial Gozanti-class cruiser, the Ghost and its A-wing escorts Phoenix One and Phoenix Two were pursued by several TIE fighters.
Phoenix One and Two provided covering fire by shooting several TIE fighters that were docking with another Gozanti cruiser. After jokingly telling Phoenix One to save some for them, Ezra managed to shoot down another TIE fighter. While flying the Ghost, Hera and Kanan chatted and discussed their differences about joining the rebellion. While Kanan preferred working alone, Hera insisted on sticking with their new friends. At that point, the Ghost narrowly avoided a charging Imperial TIE fighter by flipping on its belly; causing Garazeb Orrelios to fall into the storage compartment. During the battle, Chopper helped man the helm beside Hera.
Working in coordination with the Ghost, Sabine used the auxiliary ship Phantom to fire on the targeted Imperial freighter; dislodging several pieces of cargo. Before Hera could pick up the cargo, Imperial reinforcements arrived in the form of two Arquitens-class light cruisers. Sabine then covered Phoenix One by shooting an approaching TIE fighter while Ezra exchanged fire with the Imperial starships.
At that point, Commander Sato's cruiser was hit and its deflector shields were disabled. Sato then ordered a retreat but Hera also insisted on taking the cargo along. While Zeb used the Ghost's tractor beam projector to pick up the cargo, Kanan destroyed three TIE more TIE fighters. Having picked up the cargo, the Ghost and the Phoenix fleet then fled into hyperspace.
While the stolen Imperial supplies did not contain the desired shield generators, the rebels were relieved to obtain another supply of fuel which allowed them to keep one step ahead of Imperial patrols. The raid on the Imperial convoy was one of the many activities undertaken by the rebellion against the Galactic Empire. Seeking to crush the rebellion, Darth Vader, the Emperor Palpatine's right-hand man, hatched a plot to use the Spectres to lead them to the Phoenix Squadron. This led to an attack on the Phoenix fleet.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ An email from Martin Fisher, author of "Ocean Rescue", to Wookieepedian LelalMekha reveals that "Ocean Rescue" (which depicts the mission to rescue Janard) takes place between "Fire Across the Galaxy" and Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal (which opens with the mission to steal Imperial shield generators).
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24 2.25 Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- ↑ The events of this article take place between "Empire Day", which marks the beginning of the fourth year before the Battle of Yavin; and "The Future of the Force", which is the first known episode to take place in the third year before the Battle of Yavin. As such, we can deduce that this event takes place in the fourth year before the Battle of Yavin. For more information, see Wookieepedia's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"