- "A planet killer! That's what he called it."
- ―Tivik to Cassian Andor
In 0 BBY, Captain Cassian Andor was given a mission by General Airen Cracken to investigate why Imperial shipments of Kyber crystals were being shipped across the galaxy. Andor's invesigation led him to the Ring of Kafrene where he met with an intelligence source, Tivik, who told him that Imperial defector Bodhi Rook had information regarding a upcoming weapons test.
Andor had been under orders from General Airen Cracken to track reports of Kyber crystals being shipped to Patriim and Horuz. In the course of the investigation, Andor traveled to Corulag and Coruscant, where he learned that Kyber crystal shipments were being concealed in civilian freighter convoys. Andor also learned that crystals were being sent to Kafrene from somewhere in the Unknown Regions, although the crystals ultimate destination remained a mystery.
Andor traveled to Kafrene to continue his investigation into the mysterious Kyber crystal shipments. While on Kafrene, Andor sought out a reliable intelligence source, Tivik. Tivik was waiting in a dead end and appeared especially anxious and nervous to Andor compared to previous encounters. Tivik informed Andor that an Imperial cargo pilot named Bodhi Rook had defected only a day before. Rook had been convinced by Galen Erso to seek out Saw Gerrera and his Partisans on Jedha, in order to pass on information to the Rebel Alliance regarding a imminent weapons test being scheduled by the Empire. This weapon, Tivik explained, was powered by Kyber crystals, and was strong enough to destroy planets.
- "Are you crazy?! I'll never climb out of here - my arm!"
"Calm down, calm down. We'll be alright."
- ―Tivik and Andor moments before the latter shoots the former dead
Two stormtroopers approached Tivik and Andor in the dead end, asking for identification. Pretending to be "looking for his gloves", Andor produced a concealed blaster instead and killed the troopers, attempting to escape with Tivik. When it became evident that Tivik was injured and unable to climb through the dead end's wall before more stormtroopers could arrive, a remorseful Cassian shot Tivik in the back to prevent him from being captured by the Empire. Andor then escaped Kafrene and returned to Base One on Yavin 4 for debriefing.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Rogue One, Part I
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Assault"
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- ↑ This event takes place during Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of Rogue One in 0 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas'