Not available for sale (likely valued at 307,500 credits)
|Maximum speed (atmosphere)||
8 (in concealed compartment)
1 metric ton
The Mist Hunter, which was named for the ammonia mists of Gand, was specially commissioned by a group of Gand venture capitalists led by Zuckuss himself. The vessel was originally a standard G-1A transport, though the modified vessel made use of repulsorlift technology used in the construction of combat cloud cars. The Mist Hunter was piloted by Zuckuss and his droid partner 4-LOM, with room for eight passengers and a metric ton of cargo. It was armed with twin assault lasers and a tractor beam projector.
At some point, Zuckuss had installed a voice-activated computer into the ship. The computer, which was acquired from Mechis III, was unreliable at times. With this equipment, Zuckuss could request a search of his own ship or lay in a course to a specific location, without actually having to input the data himself.
Zuckuss commonly kept the ship filled with ammonia, so that he would not have to wear his breathing apparatus. There were three prisoner cells, located in the cargo bay, and each were airlocked so that oxygen-breathers could survive. Alternately, the cells could be filled with ammonia while the rest of the ship's interior supported an oxygen atmosphere. Zuckuss had made use of this feature in that manner when, due to ailing health, he confined himself in one of the prisoner cells while en route to the Rebel rendezvous point.
During the Battle of Hoth, the Mist Hunter exited hyperspace amid the skirmish and joined Death Squadron in pursuing the Rebel transports fleeing the besieged ice world. Zuckuss and 4-LOM disabled the transport Bright Hope, but, finding themselves at odds with the Empire, eventually helped the Rebels reach their secret rendezvous point. Toward the end of the Galactic Civil War, the Mist Hunter had become a familiar sight in both Imperial and Rebel fleets, until its pilots once more returned to their mercenary ways.
- Star Wars Missions 11: Bounty Hunters vs. Battle Droids (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (PhotoComic) (Mentioned only)
- Of Possible Futures: The Tale of Zuckuss and 4-LOM (First appearance)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Dagobah Limited (Card: Mist Hunter)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Enhanced Jabba's Palace (Card: Zuckuss In Mist Hunter)
- Aurra Sing: Dawn of the Bounty Hunters
- "Scum and Villainy" - Jedi Knights Trading Card Game (Card: )
- How the Other Half Hunts"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- Harbingers of Doom"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 33 (HOT16, Escape of the Rebels)
- Star Wars: The Official Figurine Collection 54
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 8
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 38
- The Essential Reader's Companion
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 8
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 Harbingers of Doom"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Of Possible Futures: The Tale of Zuckuss and 4-LOM
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2
- ↑ How the Other Half Hunts