Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Mobquet Medium Transport, also known as the Mobquet Medium Cargo Hauler, was a transport ship produced by Mobquet Swoops and Speeders.
Although one of the slower transports, its slightly reinforced hull and extra space helped increase its popularity.
The ship consisted of three modular nodes, that could be modified to serve the need of the owner. The standard design included crew quarters, storage, defensive weapons in front node, speeder racks in the second node and computer units in the third node. It wasn't hard to install new weapons, increase the passenger capacity or modify the cargo space.
Common installed weapons were two fire-linked twin medium laser cannons (which were also retractable) and a concussion missile launcher that was dorsal mounted.
The ship was one the few Mobquet attempts to break into the starship market. Because of Tagge's connection with the Empire, the freighter was licensed as medium transport rather than a heavy cargo carrier.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Mobquet Medium Transport is shown in the background of the episodes Serenity, Shindig, and War Stories of the show Firefly. As a response, the Star Wars artist Thomas Hodges made a similar move. See Firefly-class mid-bulk transport.
The Mobquet transports in Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance have textures based on the Starlight Intruder, including a shape on top of the second cargo module which is actually a replica of the Millennium Falcon.
Typical specifications vary in many sources, i.e. in Pirates & Privateers it doesn't carry a missile launcher and the length is only 79.3 meters. The armament varies from source to source (often with the statistics of modified examples given as the actual ship's) although the most recent source indicates a laser cannon and a concussion missile launcher, it goes on to state it can be modified with considerable room for added weapon systems.Rebellion Era Campaign Guide'
- Shadows of the Empire novel
- Shadows of the Empire comic
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- "Bungo n' Rusti Get Carry-Out"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- Dark Empire (First appearance)
- Legacy 25: The Hidden Temple, Part 1
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Limited Collector's Edition
- Handbook 3: Dark Empire
- Pirates & Privateers
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Tempest Feud
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 133 (INT1-2, Starlight Intruder)
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire: Roleplaying Game BETA (MB-C1 medium transport)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Balance of the Force (Card: Mission at Kothlis) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Balance of the Force (Card: Along the Pipeline Sanctuary) (Picture only)
- Fly Casual
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Pirates & Privateers
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Edge of the Empire: Roleplaying Game BETA
- ↑ Legacy 25: The Hidden Temple, Part 1